If you're using Google Chrome, follow these steps to share your slides in a way that you can see both the event page on Hopin and your slides at the same time.
Note: Be sure you are presenting before sharing your desktop.
Sharing your Powerpoint (or any other app) with sound
- Click on the Screenshare button at the bottom of your video
- Then, choose Your Entire Screen tab
- Check the Share audio box at the bottom left corner of the popup
- Click Share to start sharing
Whenever you play audio from inside of your Powerpoint the attendees will hear it.
Tip: In case you don't want to share the entire screen and still want the Audio to come through, check our guide on Sharing audio from third-party apps.
Powerpoint for PCs
1. To start, click Reading View at the bottom left corner of your Powerpoint. It will switch your presentation to a movable box instead of it taking your whole screen.
2. Next, click on the Screenshare button at the bottom of your video.
Then, click Application Window and select your Powerpoint.
3. After you select your Powerpoint, and click Share, you're presenting!
Tip: You can make resize your Powerpoint window to make it as large or small as you would like on your end, and keep an eye on the chat while you are presenting.
Powerpoint for Macs:
1. Make sure to allow the browser permissions to access the Screen Recording:
- Open the System preferences
- Navigate to Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Check the box next to the browser you are using
Once the permissions are granted, your browser will be able to choose any applications for screen sharing.
2. Open up your Powerpoint presentation and click Set Up Slide Show in the Slide Show menu.
2. Select Browsed by an individual (window) and hit OK to save.
3. Start your presentation and enter into presenter (slide show) mode.
4. Next, click on the "Screenshare" button at the bottom of your video. Then, click "Application Window" and select your Powerpoint.
5. After you select Powerpoint, and click Share, you're presenting!
You can make your slides as big or as small as you would like on your end, and you can keep an eye on the chat while you present.
Tip: In case you don't see Powerpoint app among other apps on when sharing your screen:
- Make sure that your Powerpoint presentation is visible on the Background and not minimized to tray
- Make sure to Exit full screen mode on your Chrome or Firefox browser when sharing the screen
Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you have questions or need assistance.