Hopin has a Referral program for each of your events that you can find in your event Dashboard.
The Referrals enable organisers to create special links for anyone, such as Speakers and other Attendees to generate ticket registrations and track how many ticket registrations that individual brought.
For example, if Bobby, an influencer, is speaking at your event and wants to bring her network to the event and receive compensation for it, the organizer can create a special referral link for Bobby to share. Then the organizer will be able to see how many sales Bobby generated.
How Hopin Referrals works
Hopin Referrals tracks who made ticket sales to your event, how many sales were made, and whom registered for the event through the referral links.
However, Hopin Referrals does not handle payouts to referrers. You will have to manage paying your referrers individually outside of Hopin, using a payment platform such as PayPal.
Continuing with our example above, the organiser and Bobby negotiated a 25% referral commission for every ticket sale Bobby generates, so the organiser creates Bobby's referral link and adds Bobby as the name and 25% in the description as a reminder. After the event, the organiser sees that Bobby generated 50 sales of the $100 tickets. The organiser sends a payment of $1,250 to Bobby via PayPal.
How to add someone as a Referral
- Go to the Advanced → Referrals tab on the event Dashboard to get started
- Click Add Referral button
- Type the Name of the individual or entity that will be using the Referral link.
- Add a Description that reminds you of the deal terms that you worked out, such as 25% referral commission. This is for internal purposes only.
Note: You are the only one that will see this Description.
- Click Create Referral for changes to take effect.
How to Manage Referrals
The Referral will now have a special Tracking Code link. Copy and paste to share this link and instruct the person to promote away!
Click the Referral Action to view the performance of the Referral link.
- Referred registrations (total)
- Total Sales referred
- Ticket registrations
- Ticket sales
- The date when the referred registration occurred.
- The name of the attendee that registered using the referral link.
- The ticket price that the attendee paid to register for the event.
Note: Referrals don't need to be registered for the event they are promoting on Hopin platform.
How to track referrals for Hidden tickets
Organizers can send Hidden tickets and still track the referrals for the event.
Here's the plan:
- Create a Hidden ticket on the Details → Tickets tab and copy the ticket link
2. Create a Referral like you normally would following this guide and copy the Tracking Code link
3. Send both the Referral Tracking Code link and the Hidden ticket link to the person who will be distributing the ticket
4. Once your ticket distributor gets both links they should instruct their referrals to:
- Open the referral link in the browser (e.g. https://hopin.com/events/awesome-event-6f8f360f-cc58-4cf8-a463-855be165365f?ref=f1d8ae33d3e7)
- On the same browser page insert the Private ticket link to the URL
(e.g. https://hopin.com/events/awesome-event-6f8f360f-cc58-4cf8-a463-855be165365f?code=c740b872-737e-4b98-9ac6-e3f819852291) and register for the event with a Hidden ticket
Once done, the attendee will be recorded as a Referral and can be tracked under their referral Tracking code.
Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you have questions or need assistance.