Schedules provide a clean structure and source of information for your attendees to know what’s happening during the event, where they should be, and when.
When you create a schedule, it automatically appears on your event’s Registration page and Reception page.
To create a schedule, click Venue>Schedule tab on the left menu of the beta event dashboard. There are two options available: Add a Schedule manually AND Import a CSV file.
To add a schedule manually, click the Add to Schedule button and fill in all the information. A Segment is an item on your Schedule that shows the following information:
- Name of Segment (Example: “Welcome Message and Introduction”)
- Segment type ("Stage")
- Start Time ("10:00 am EST")
- Speaker(s) ("Bobby Janson")
If you'd like to import a schedule via CSV file upload, click on the Download Template CSV button to download and view our sample template. You can fill in the information for your schedule using this template and save it. Once completed, upload the file back into Hopin by clicking on the Upload File button, selecting your file, and clicking on Import CSV.
With a Schedule, Hopin will automatically add a wayfinding indicator to the Area icons on the left of your event (i.e., Stage, Sessions, Networking…) to let your attendees know what’s going on.
Hopin reads your Schedule and attaches the red NOW tag to the currently scheduled areas of your event. A 'What's happening now' section on the reception page also displays the current segments happening per time.
What if I need to change my Schedule?
If you need to make edits to your Schedule during your event (e.g., maybe a speaker doesn’t show up), you can go to your event dashboard, select the Schedule tab, and edit any Segment of your event.
Click Save when finished and your event will update when your attendees click refresh or move to another area of the event.
Other things to note:
- If you have added speakers to your event, you are able to add them to specific scheduled segments. This will display their profile pic, name, and headline in the schedule throughout your event.
- Scheduled sessions do not show up on the sessions tab of the event until 5 minutes before the scheduled time.
- If the scheduled time for the session/stage is over, the session/stage will still be live and won't get cut off.
- Attendees can view the list of previous sessions by clicking Show past segments at the Reception area of the event.
Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you have questions or need assistance.