Here are the steps for presenting slides on the Backstage
- Open your presentation in a new tab.
- In the Backstage, click the Screenshare icon and choose how you would like to share:
- Your Entire Screen
- Application Window
- Chrome Tab (sharing a Chrome Tab supports sharing slides with sound)
Tip: Speakers can share a Chrome tab with sound on. Just make sure the sound starts playing before you share the screen.
- Click Screen sharing icon at the bottom of the page
- Switch to Chrome Tab on the popup window and choose the required browser tab
- Check the Share audio box
- Click Share to start sharing
E.g. Sharing a Google Slides presentation or playing a video in a browser tab with sound can be supported on the latest version of Google Chrome browser.
Note: Firefox browser doesn’t support sharing a tab with Sound yet.
3. Select the tab or application with your presentation. If possible, set up a separate monitor to be able to view the event chat and your slides.
4. Present from the Backstage, so you can toggle between Backstage chat and Event chat.
Please mind that all Stage segments are automatically recorded! The recordings will be available to the event Organizers once the event is over.
Note: Currently, once there are 5 Speakers on the Stage, the screen sharing option is automatically grayed out. Please use the screen sharing when there are 4 Speakers on the Stage.
In case you don't have an option to choose content for screen sharing on macOS: please make sure to allow the browser permissions to access the Screen Recording
- Open the System preferences
- Navigate to Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Check the box next to the browser you are using
Tip: can click on the webcam icon to turn off the webcam and make sure the slides cover the entire screen.
Check our Powerpoint tutorial for more tips on screen sharing your content.
Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you have questions or need assistance.