Hosting your first Hopin event can feel overwhelming. There's a lot to learn and the process for creating a Hopin event takes some getting used to. With practice—once you host a few events—you can start to get the hang of it.
This checklist will turn any Hopin newbie into a Hopin pro in no time. The more events you organize, the more this list will become second nature.
For now, feel free to use this checklist as a guide to ensure your next Hopin event goes off without a hitch.
Note: this checklist is for someone who has already created an event and wants to confirm it's ready to launch.
For a step-by-step guide on how to create a Hopin event from square one, read this article.
BEFORE YOUR EVENT
- To preview your event, create it as “Hidden” or “Private” and Go Live. When you’re ready to start promoting, change the setting to Public under Key Details.
- Make sure you register yourself for your own event otherwise you won't be able to enter it.
- Have your speakers register themselves on Hopin and designate them as Speakers in the Segments area.
- Test your speakers’ AV devices (and yours) in the Backstage before the event. You can share the backstage link at any time before your event is live.
- If you are using “embedded tickets,” make sure you input your Success and Fail URLs.
- Make sure your ticket holders can meet other ticket holders in the Networking area under Ticket Matching. By default a ticket holder only meets with individuals holding the same type of ticket.
- Optional: On event day, download the CSV of your attendees, and send an email to your attendees with an orientation to your event (feel free to use this video) and the schedule before your event. (We’re working on creating more tutorial videos).
DURING YOUR EVENT
- Your event opens 5 minutes before the start time. There is nothing you need to do to “start” your event. It’s automatic. Most people kick off their event with a Welcome on Stage.
- Double check your audio before you hit Broadcast to Stage. Click the gear icon and confirm your mic is selected.
- To present your slides in the Backstage, follow these steps.
- You will probably have the Stage in one browser tab and the Backstage in another. Make sure you MUTE the front Stage so that your audio doesn't loop!
- To direct people around your event, mention the plan on Stage and use the event chat to post where everyone should be. You can link to the area you want people to go to.
- When you’re done with your live Stage segment, switch to a pre-recorded video. You can do this by going to your event dashboard and under Segments in the Stage section and switching from “Hopin” to YouTube/Vimeo/Wistia, input the video URL, and hit Save.
- Remind users to double-click any screen in Sessions to enlarge it.
AFTER YOUR EVENT
- View your event summary in your event dashboard to see the turnout, number of connections made, and other statistics about your event.
- Download your attendee list under the View Attendees tab and upload it to your email provider to contact them.
- Send the links to your video recordings or download them to edit and upload onto another platform (i.e., YouTube, etc.)