Hopin is the world’s leading all-in-one virtual event platform where attendees can learn, interact, and connect with people from anywhere in the world.
You can recreate (or hybridize) an in-person event experience with Hopin with our innovative tools that make events more sustainable, accessible, and safe.
At an event hosted on Hopin platform, your attendees can network one-on-one, break out into group sessions, watch keynote presentations, send chat messages and polls, and explore interactive expo areas. There’s even a private virtual backstage for your speakers.
How Zoom and Hopin are different
- Zoom doesn't have a reception area, schedule, user profiles, direct video calling, expo area, sponsor branding opportunities, backstage, or multi-tier chat. Hopin does.
- Zoom can't sell tickets, or automate 1:1 meetings, or have multiple concurrent broadcasts and breakout rooms going on simultaneously like Hopin.
- There are more modes of bringing people together on live video on Hopin, such as one-on-one matchmaking, in virtual roundtable "sessions" with ticket-level permissions, multiple stages (advanced feature in Hopin), and interactive vendor booths.
- Zoom is great for up to 50 people or so (we're fans at Hopin), but once a Zoom meeting gets into the hundreds, thousands, and tens of thousands of attendees, it can become difficult to manage and participate in as an event.
- Hopin is built for events from 50 people to 100,000 people. As an event venue, Hopin is built for maximum and personal interaction at scale, just like a physical convention center, concert hall, or summit destination. Users can explore areas of an event and find the content and people they want to engage with most.
- Zoom requires other applications to provide important event components, such as event registration, scheduling, programming, analytics, marketing automation, and design. All of this is built into Hopin, integrated and seamless.
TLDR: Zoom is good for meetings, Hopin is a full-conference live events platform that you can build a business on top of.
Check our Hopin in Five Minutes info deck to see what value Hopin delivers teams and businesses.
Feel free to connect with us on Twitter at @hopinofficial.
If you have any questions, comments or would like to request a feature, please send us an email at [email protected] and our 24/7 team will be happy to assist.