Congrats! You're a speaker at a Hopin event. Wahoo!
Here's what you need to do to make sure everything goes seamlessly.
Get set up
- Create a Hopin account here.
- Ask the organiser to send you a link to register for the event (it will probably be a private link with a free ticket). 🤞
- Register for the Hopin event.
- Ask the organiser to do a test run with you on the Hopin backstage (the organiser will send you a link). The backstage is where you make your presentation.
- Confirm that your audio and video devices work in the backstage.
Once registered, let the Organiser know so they can add you as a Speaker to the Registration page, Schedule, and Reception Page.
At the event
- When it's time for your presentation, head to the backstage.
- You'll need to give browser permission for Hopin to use your camera and mic.
- Click Join Session.
- Choose your audio and video devices and click Apply and Join Session.
Note: If you want to join secretly, don't select your mic or camera. Leave it blank. Use the Backstage Chat tab to let the Organiser know you're there.
When it's time for you to "appear" and present, click the Gear icon, select your mic and camera, and click Apply and Join Session. You'll come on camera.
Learn how to present slides on the backstage here.