If you're using Google Chrome, follow these steps to share your slides in a way that you can see both the event page on Hopin and your slides at the same time.
Firefox unfortunately currently only lets you share in full-screen and does not have this option.
Note: Be sure you are presenting before sharing your desktop.
Powerpoint for PCs
1. To start, click Reading View at the bottom left corner of your Powerpoint. It will switch your presentation to a movable box instead of it taking your whole screen.
2. Next, click on the Screenshare button at the bottom of your video.
Then, click Application Window and select your Powerpoint.
3. After you select your Powerpoint, and click Share, you're presenting!
Tip: You can make resize your Powerpoint window to make it as large or small as you would like on your end, and keep an eye on the chat while you are presenting.
Powerpoint for Macs:
1. Make sure to allow the browser permissions to access the Screen Recording:
- Open the System preferences
- Navigate to Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Check the box next to the browser you are using
Once the permissions are granted, your browser will be able to choose any applications for screen sharing.
2. Open up your Powerpoint presentation and click Set Up Slide Show in the Slide Show menu.
2. Select Browsed by an individual (window), then hit OK to save.
3. Start your presentation and enter into presenter (slide show) mode.
4. Next, click on the "Screenshare" button at the bottom of your video. Then, click "Application Window" and select your Powerpoint.
5. After you select Powerpoint, and click Share, you're presenting! You can make your slides as big or as small as you would like on your end, and you can keep an eye on the chat while you present.
Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you have questions or need assistance.