Using Simulcast to restream your event from Hopin to another location is a simple process. Follow the below to get it set up!
- You can Simulcast to one location only.
- Screen sharing streams are NOT able to be Simulcasted to another location at this time.
- The stream you are simulcasting to must be live before you start your broadcast in the Hopin studio.
- We also recommend to schedule going live on another platform, not doing it right at the time you're about to go live.
- You cannot use this with an incoming RTMP stream.
- The words "Stream" and "Server" are the same. Each website may use different terminology, but "URL" and "Key" will stay the same.
- This is limited to the Stage only.
How do I set up Simulcast?
You will go into the event you're wanting to send to another location. Then, go to "Stage" or "Stages" (depending on your plan).
From there, make sure you're in Hopin Studio. Under the "Segment Backstage Link" you will see "Simulcast".
At this point, you can name the stream if you choose, but it's not required. What is required are the Stream Key and URLs from the location you are streaming to. Once that information has been filled, be sure to go live on the location before you start your broadcast in the Hopin studio.
Where can I Simulcast to?
Simulcast Targets can be used for any platform that supports the RTMP or RTMPS protocol, which includes, but isn't limited to:
- Facebook Live
- YouTube Live
- Periscope (Twitter)
- JW Live Channels* (*see the bottom of this article)
- Instagram cannot be done as they don't allow 3rd party live streaming. Once they do, then our answer will change!
Do you have an example of what it looks like on Facebook?
Of course! You will hit "Live Video" from your Facebook Page. From there, click "Use Stream Key". Grab the Stream Key and Server (Stream) URL and individually paste into the correct location in Hopin's Simulcast area.
Don't forget, we recommend that you schedule the live video. This can be done on the lefthand side of Facebook.
Note: For customers using JW Live Channels, note that the Stream URL shown in the JW Dashboard may not include the port so you may need to include it. That is, you may need to change
Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you have questions or need assistance.