Your attendees will love engaging with custom polls related to your event's content. Here's what you need to know:
- Only event Organizers can create, hide, or delete polls.
- Polls are visible across the entire event; they are not specific to particular Sessions or Expo booths.
- You can create a poll in any area of the event.
- If you create polls before your event starts and attendees land on your event’s Reception Page, they can vote on the pre-created polls before your event begins.
- If you want to create polls before your event starts, you must preview your event by visiting your event registration page, registering for your event, and clicking Preview. If your event has not started yet, you’ll be taken to your event's Reception Page. Click the polls tab at the top right-hand corner of your screen. To add a poll, click the “Create a poll” button.
- If you want to create polls after your event has started, visit your event registration page and register for your event. You’ll be taken to your event’s Reception Page. Click the polls tab at the top right-hand corner of your screen. To add a poll, click the “Create a poll" button. Or, you can click the polls tab in any area of the event.
- Event Organizers can choose whether you'd like poll results to be visible to attendees or only visible to event Organizers. Click on "Show advanced settings" to uncover "Visible" or "Hidden" buttons.
- To specify who can vote in a poll, you can restrict voting in a given poll to certain ticket types when creating a poll inside your event. This means if you only wanted a certain group of people to be able to vote, say, board members for example, then you can designate only the Board Member ticket type to have voting privileges. You can choose "Show advanced settings" to select a certain ticket type.
- Event Organizers can hide or delete polls. If you hide a poll, attendees won’t be able to see that poll anymore but your results will still be visible in your event dashboard. Event Organizers can unhide polls at any time.
- NOTE: If you delete a poll, your poll and its results will disappear and there is no way to get them back.
- Attendees must vote for a poll option to see how others have voted up to that moment.
- Once your event begins, Organizers can check live poll results in the event dashboard under the “View Polls” tab.